We all have our favorite movie stars and artists whom we look up to. Some of us are literally crazy about these celebrities. Their performances on stage and the character they play on the silver screen have gained them so much fame and adoration from fans from all over the world. Even though we assume they are nice people, Celebrities such as Ellen DeGeneres, Ariana Grande, MJ, Adam Levine, Will Ferrell, Ben Affleck, Tom Cruise and Toby Maguire have proved they are completely different in real life. Most of these celebrities whom we look up to are supposedly the rudest and meanest people you will meet in life. Some celebrities do get fed up with the massive attention towards them. Especially when dealing with paparazzi as they interfere with their private life. Yet there are certain celebrities who have been judged as the rudest and meanest people even before they got famous.
Well contrary to that you also come across actors that play rude and mean roles on the silver screen. Even though certain fans hate them just for the characters they play on the movies, some of these actors and stars are some of the nicest and kindest celebrities you will meet in real life.
In this article, we present to you 33 of the rudest and meanest celebrities you will encounter in real life. Some of these names might even come as a surprise to you’ll. So don’t be upset, be happy that you now know their true self.
1. Ellen DeGeneres ( Verbally abused employees and deceived people )
- Attributes : Mean, Fake giveaways, Complains about waiters appearances
Ellen DeGeneres has built her worldwide,multimillion-dollar brand on the motto “be kind”, with sumptuous giveaways and acts of charity together with kindness. However, a shocking revelation was made by her current and former employees on her famous reality show. Where they pointed out that they faced racism, fear, and intimidation.
- One of Ellen’s former employees said, “That ‘be kind’ bullshit only happens when the cameras are on. It’s all for the show”. Another employee went on to say that even though money is given to the people to help them out with their life, IT’S ALL FOR THE SHOW
- Ellen was also found guilty of staging fake giveaways partnering with big names such as Walmart.
- Complained to a restaurant owner about one of the waitresses having chipped nail polish. This rock hearted act by the “Be kind” star almost got the waitress fired
I worked @RealFoodDaily, served her & Porsha at brunch. She wrote a letter to the owner & complained about my chipped nail polish (not that it was on her plate but just that it was on my hand). I had worked till closing the night before & this was next morn, almost got me fired.
Here’s a set of me talking about it in 2014
60 Most Famous Aquarius Celebrities : #3 Elen DeGeneres
2. Tobey Maguire ( Offered a fan Money to BARK)
- Attributes : Mean, cocky, rude to fans and snappy
Fans once voted Tobey Maguire the worst autograph signer in Hollywood, with some claiming that he’s too “wrapped up in his own egotistical web” to interact with fans. But the stories get weird. He is one mean celebrity you wouldn’t want to meet
- Molly Bloom said Maguire reportedly offered her a $1,000 dollar poker chip at a high-stakes game in 2014. But there was a catch: she said Maguire told her to bark like a seal.
When Bloom refused, she said Maguire told her, “I’m not kidding. What’s wrong? You’re too rich now? You won’t bark for a thousand dollars?
3. Justin Bieber ( Snubbed Ronda Rousey’s little sister)
Justin Bieber is no doubt one of the hottest stars of the 21st century. But at times his attitude to fans who adore him are completely unacceptable. This is why he comes on #3 on our list of rudest and meanest celebrities
- Justin literally snubbed Ronda Rousey’s little sisters request to take a picture with him. When Ronda approached Justin at an after party at the Cannes film festival because her little sister was a huge fan of Justin. She only wanted a picture with her idol. But Justin snapped and snubbed on the little girl.
- “I walked over there and I said, ‘Excuse me,’ and he turned to me and said, ‘I’ve already taken a billion pictures today, okay?” … And I only got a, ‘Yeah, but–’ out, and he goes, ‘A billion,’ and walks off and totally snubbed my little sister,” Ronda said. “Yeah, I don’t think I’d want to hang out with him. I’m not a Belieber. I was, but I’m not anymore,”
He made fun out of a fan’s drawing of him. Even though he says “Love you” at the end of the caption, this was to balance out his mean and rude intent towards the fan.
4. Michael Jordan ( #3 Refused to sign Chammilionaire’s MJ jersey )
- Attributes : Rude, Arrogant, Proud, Refused to sign Rapper Chamillionaire’s NBA jersey
- Rapper Chamillionaire once met MJ at a party and wanted a picture with him, plus he wanted one of his jerseys signed by Jordon. Jordon refused to take the picture and the autograph sand told Chamillionaire “I ain’t taking pictures with no n*****.” Michael is an Aquarius and one demeaning trait of most Aquarians
- MJ was once banned from the La Gorce Country Club in Miami. This was because he was very rude and arrogant towards and official when the official approached him on the 12th hole and asked him to change his wardrobe. After the incident Jordan’s public relations office issued a statement regarding the incident, it concluded with: “‘I guess it’s their loss – as MJ is a great golfer and a great guest.'”
MJ can definitely take a few lessons from Lebron James. Lebron is one of the most kindest and humble NBA players of all time.
5. Demi Lovato ( #7 Called a fan fat )
- Rude, Called one her fans ‘FAT’ at a meet and greet
Demi Lovato is quite an inspiring celebrity character. Many people look up to her as she seems to be open about everything she has gone through life and her mental health struggles. Well this image Demi Lovato has created is quite the opposite based on stories by fans who have met her in real life.
- Called one of her fans ‘FAT’ whom she met at a meet and greet. Madison was totally bummed to have her idol call her FAT.
There are several such stories how Demi Lovato doesn’t seem to show much respect or appreciations to fans even at meet and greet functions. Well Demi Lovato is actually one of the rudest and meanest celebrities in real life.
6. Adam Levine ( Called a fan an ugly chick )
- Attributes : Rude, Called a fan an “ugly chick”
The Maroon 5 frontman may look charming and a fun person. But Adam it might need a lesson or two in good manners.
- According to a Reddit user, an Adam Levine fan once asked for his autograph and he said, “I don’t give autographs to ugly chicks.”
7. Tom Cruise – Forced a restaurant to open at 2am
- Attributes: Rude, Refuses to give autographs, Proud and cocky
- We grew up in L.A. and were eating at Hard Rock Cafe at the Beverly Center. So my friend spotted Tom Cruise eating there. She was really into Tom Cruise. She was definitely a little too overt but she was also about 15 years old. Turns out he was eating with Emilio Estevez. She went over to their table to ask Tom Cruise for an autograph. She even (gasp) gave Tom Cruise her phone number. Tom Cruise declined the autograph and was very dismissive of her. She was totally bummed. I think Emilio Estevez picked up on it because HE came over to OUR table and chatted with us for a few minutes which was really kind of him
- In another instance, a fan spoke up which portrayed Tom Cruise as a stuck up proud person. Tom literally believes people should serve him when and as he wants. One instance a fan spoke out on quora saying ” Circa 1993 I had moved to NYC. I worked as a host at Serendipity restaurant (a famous tourist trap restaurant they also later made a movie about.) So one particular night we were closing…I think 2AM.
Knock on the door. Two guys. “Can we just get a Frozen Hot Chocolate?” (Serendipity’s signature dessert/drink)
My response. “Sorry, we’ve closed”
His response. “I’m Tom Cruise”
My response. “Sorry”
My boss’s response…open the door and serve them.
8. Mike Myers – (#8 A silent grumpy and mean personality )
- Attributes : Mean, Grumpy, Controlling
You would think a funny guy like Mike Myers would be a hoot to meet in person, right? Apparently not. On the sets of the movies he makes, he is reportedly silent, grumpy, and overly controlling. Yikes
Guys like these should take celebrities such as Robin Williams as an example. Robin is one of the kindest and humble celebrities
9. Rachael Ray (#9 A mean and spunky personality)
- Moody, Proud, Mean
One former audience member at Rachael Ray’s TV show claims the famous chef isn’t quite so warm in person. In a review on TripAdvisor the person claimed: “When she came out to greet the audience, she was cold, even seemingly annoyed that she had to do the show… She complained! She rolled her eyes and was not at all the perky, spunky personality we’ve come to know on her show.”
10. Sandra Bullock (#10 Yells at fans that adore her)
- Yelled at a wheelchair bound veteran for asking for an autograph
One fan said she and her husband, a wheelchair-bound veteran, encountered Sandra Bullock while she was in Boston, MA filming The Heat in 2012. The woman said they asked for an autograph, but Bullock reportedly covered her face and yelled at them.
They knew Bullock was busy, but the woman said she didn’t think it warranted such a loud response.
11. Ariana Grande (Fired her dancers and blocked fans)
Ariana might look cute, sexy, childish everybody loves celebrities. Well, she does look charming but looks can be deceiving. Ariana is said to be one of the rudest, meanest, and two-faced people in real life. Some of the instances that showed her true self is as follows.
- Ariana fired one of her backup dancers Lady Cultura for saying the N-word, unfollowed James Charles for saying something racist about Ebola- which he has repeatedly apologized for- and has spoken about racism, however, when Courtney does the same thing, it’s fine. She publicly responded to Lady Cultura explaining why she fired her, but apparently, when Courtney is the matter at hand it’s completely fine to neglect the whole situation.
- When Mac Miller’s drug overdose was exposed, Ariana slammed him. But since the response to Demi was so supportive, she decided to switch sides and support her too. Something doesn’t add up?
- She’s blocked multiple of her fans for expressing their opinions when one of her ‘mantras’ and ‘mottos’ were to accept everyone’s opinions regardless of what they were, and only spread love not hate.
12. Will Ferrell ( #11 Rudest & meanest celebrities )
Apparently, Will Ferrell likes to poke and tease the people who ask him for an autograph. Some say it is to cover up his social anxiety, but it’s still pretty darn rude, don’t you think?
13. Kiefer Sutherland ( #12 Co-workers hated him for his attitude )
- Attributes : Mean to coworkers, got thrown out of a London strip club
We loved Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, but he apparently has issues. Along with a DUI and reports of drunken misbehavior, other stars hated working with him. Freddie Prinze, Jr. said that Sutherland was unprofessional and that he “hated every moment” of working with Sutherland.
- In April 2010, security guards threw Sutherland out of a London strip club after he got drunk, took his shirt off, screamed, and danced around. As Sutherland explains, “That’s a choice I’ve made, and I live with that choice.”
14. Meghan Markle (#13 Mean and self centered personality )
- A friend of mine who worked with Meghan Markle said she is nice to your face….but a MASSIVE witch behind your back. Meghan also “identified as white” for years before she became famous and is abusive to staff, so much so that I heard staff have started refusing to work with her
Meghan recently opened up to Oprah and exposed harsh realities about the Royal family in their primetime interview with Oprah Winfrey. Read more about that interview HERE
15. Jennifer Lawrence ( #14)
- Attributes : Rude, Mean to fans
Although she has made a name for herself with her approachable girl-next-door demeanor, even the actress has admitted to being unwelcoming to fans when they approach her. Jennifer herself has openly accepted that she is rude and mean to fans on purpose in order to avoid their attention
16. Cameron Diaz (#15 Rudest and meanest celebrities)
- Attributes : Super mean, Doesn’t make time for her fans
Film star Cameron Diaz does whatever she can to avoid interacting with her fans altogether. When one fan asked her for an autograph, she declined, explaining, “If I did it for you I’d have to do it for everyone.”
17. Jamie Foxx (#16)
- Attended an event for veterans and refused to stand and take of his shades
When Jamie Foxx was present for a special screening for the men and women of the armed services, he refused to take off his sunglasses or even stand up and wave to the crowd that was gathered.
18. Christina Aguilera (#17)
- Scolded a contestant on ‘The Voice”, Hates fan who are famous
Christina Aguilera might be a vocal powerhouse, but rumor has it she hasn’t always been nice to her fans. When she was a judge on The Voice, Aguilera scolded a contestant for not paying super close attention to her critiques and she repeatedly asked a male singer to take off his pants.
Her attitude reportedly doesn’t stop when the fans are famous themselves. Actress Valerie Bertinelli said she once approached Aguilera to say, “Oh my God, I think you’re a beautiful singer.” But she claims Aguilera paid no attention and said, “‘Yeah, whatever.
19. Bruce Willis (#18)
- Shouted at two 10 year old’s for noticing him
During the 1996 Summer Olympics, Bruce Willis and his then-wife Demi Moore visited a California Pizza Kitchen in Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, GA. An employee of the restaurant claims two boys around the age of 10 noticed Willis, then smiled and pointed at him from a distance. But Willis reportedly stood up and yelled at the boys, presumably for interrupting his lunch.
20. Rihanna (#19 Cyberbullied a fan)
- Cyberbullied a fan who tried to imitate her
In May 2014, 16-year-old Alexis Carter showed off a Rihanna-inspired prom outfit: a bat-winged pantsuit. Carter made the outfit herself, and Rihanna rewarded her fan by making her the laughing stock of the internet.
Rihanna began tweeting side-by-side photos of herself and Carter. The hashtag #PromBat took off, and Rihanna retweeted some of her favorite jokes, including “The Dark Thot Rises.”
Carter later told Baltimore’s Fox 45 News (via The Baltimore Sun) she was very offended. “Why throw shade on it when you had on the exact same thing? The poses was different but the outfit wasn’t… She don’t love her fans like she says she does.”
21. Russell Crowe (#20)
- Scolded audience members on the Irish Talk show who were trying to clap along
Russell Crowe is infamous for his violent outbursts, whether it’s throwing a phone at a hotel employee or allegedly threatening Azealia Banks. But he showed his temper in a very public way in 2015 during an appearance on the Irish talk show The Late Late Show.
- After host Ryan Tubridy convinced him to give the studio “something to tape our toes too,” Crowe joined the band for a rendition of the Johnny Cash song “Folsom Prison Blues.”
Once he got started, he scolded audience members who were trying to clap along. “If you’re going to clap, clap in time. If you can’t clap in time, just shut up.”
22. Charlie Sheen (#21)
Charlie Sheen was one of the richest actors in Hollywood until 2012 when he was fired from the set of Two and a Half Men because of his dreadful conduct. Sheen is known for being a selfish and misogynistic person. Indeed, in numerous interviews, he found it interesting to educate us about tiger blood, named Rihanna the b-word, and even made a list to rank his female associates on screen.
23. Reese Witherspoon (#22)
- Scolded a Police officer who had stopped her for disorderly conduct while driving
Due to her movie roles, many consider Reese Witherspoon to be an American Sweetheart. Contrary to popular belief, she actually isn’t one! Many people claimed that she was pretty self-entitled after an event that occurred in 2013. She and her husband were stopped for weaving in and out of lanes, and later in the series of events that were documented on the camera she was yelling “Do you know my name? You’re about to find out who I am.” Shortly afterward, she was arrested for disorderly conduct.
One source at Star Magazine claimed that “Reese is anything but sweet. The staff is terrified of rubbing her the wrong way, so they bend over backward to please her! She won’t ever take off her sunglasses because she doesn’t want anyone to make eye contact. Jim doesn’t want his coworkers to see it, because he’s such a bigwig. He wants the staff to think that he has the upper hand but it’s obvious she wears the pants.”
24. John Malkovich (Threatens people with money)
- Threatens people and tries to buy people
When John Malkovich throws a party, don’t get in his way. Even if he’s technically trespassing and being super loud. According to DumbledoresAtheist (Reddit user), he’ll just threaten to buy the place and have you fired.
25. Lucille Ball (#24)
- Looked down on people who didn’t have celebrity status
Lucille is an amazing actress that is known for playing funny and down-to-earth characters, which gave her an image and persona everyone loved and admired. Ball was notoriously rude to anyone who didn’t share her celebrity status. On one occasion, while she was on the airplane, she completely ignored the flight attendant and created an awkward situation. It was when her assistant said to the flight attendant “I’m sorry, Ms. Ball doesn’t speak to the help.”
During her lifetime, Lucille Ball had a lot of fans but Richard Burton was not one of them. In his diaries, he wrote about Lucille Ball claiming, “She is a monster of staggering charmlessness and monumental lack of humor…She is a tired old woman and lives entirely on that weekly show which she has been successfully doing for 19 years. Nineteen solid years of double-takes and pratfalls and desperate upstaging and cutting out other people’s laughs if she can, nervously watching the ‘ratings’ as she does so…”
26. Patrick Dempsey (#25)
Patrick Galen Dempsey is an American actor but also a racecar driver, best known for his role as neurosurgeon Derek Shepherd in Grey’s Anatomy.
Even though his nickname on the show is “McDreamy”, it seems that he was quite the diva on the set. According to some, he was very disrespectful to the cast and the crew, which is actually the reason why he was fired from the show. Shonda Rhimes, the show’s creator, head writer, executive producer, and showrunner, announced that she had adopted a “no a**holes policy.” after working with Dempsey. It was a good call, as many actors who behaved poorly were fired, but the 15th season of the show is still running today.
27. Zach Braff (#26)
Zach Braff caught a lot of grief for trying to use Kickstarter to fund a movie. I guess he deserved it because according to VOZ1, the guy is a spoiled brat who’s difficult to work with and treats production crew members terribly.
28. Julia Roberts (#27)
Julia Roberts is adored by many. In an interview with Stephen Spielberg, he said wouldn’t work with Julia Roberts ever again. For him to say such a thing I’m sure Julia is quite a tough nut. The reason for this is the poor behavior she displayed on the set of Peter Pan. Rumors say that the crew instantly nicknamed her “Tinkerbell.” One of her sisters claimed that, due to her immense ego and fame, their relationship got destroyed and they are now estranged.
29. Jerry Seinfeld (#28 Mean to fans and co-stars)
The longtime comedian has a history of not being so nice to fans, interviewers, and talk show hosts. One of his most famous fans, Kesha, once asked for a hug on a red carpet, and he turned her down in the most awkward and cringy way. Apparently, Seinfeld has a strict no-hugging rule, so we guess it’s understandable that he’d turn her away. He also has been viciously rude to multiple talk show hosts, including Seth Meyers and Larry King.
30. Madonna (#29)
Madonna got major flak after making an appearance on the British talk show The Graham Norton Show. Many viewers thought she was extremely rude to actor Sir Ian McKellen. The Queen of Pop made a few dry comments towards the actor and had forgotten meeting him at a charity event. Madonna clearly felt awkward for forgetting that the two had worked together in the past.
31. Pierce Brosnan (#30 rudest and meanest)
Talk show host James Corden spilled about the rudest celebrity he’s ever met: Pierce Brosnan. Apparently, Brosnan pushed Corden at a U2 concert and failed to even acknowledge him. In a game of “Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts,” Corden refused to eat bird saliva and shared that Brosnan was not nice at all. “I don’t think he’s a rude man, but he happened to be rude [to me],” he said.
32. Ben Affleck (#32 rudest and meanest)
Ben Affleck may be one of Hollywood’s most popular and respected actor-directors, but his behavior off-camera over the years hasn’t quite won over the public. Ben Affleck is totally different off-screen. He is considered to be one of the rudest, unfaithful and meanest celebrities of all time.
Affleck is a die-hard Boston Red Sox fan, and his devotion to the team created a headache for everyone on the set of Gone Girl (2014). Affleck told The New York Times in October 2014 that he fought with director David Fincher because Fincher wanted him to wear a New York Yankees hat for a particular scene.
“I said, ‘David, I love you, I would do anything for you,’but I will not wear a Yankees hat. I just can’t,” Affleck recalled.
Fincher confirmed the incident in the commentary track for the film, adding that Affleck’s protest shut down production for four days—which cost a lot of money. “I really wanted it to be a Yankees cap but …being from Boston and not being very professional as an actor, Ben refused to wear a Yankees cap,” Fincher said (via Decider). Affleck and Fincher eventually settled on a Mets hat after his tantrum.
33. Chevy Chase (#33 rudest and meanest)
Chevy Chase can be introduced as one of the most hated celebrities. He is one of the rudest and meanest of meanest celebrities in real life. Several fans have spoken about his rude and mean personality.
Chevy Chase once slapped comedian Rob Huebel who was a longtime fan when he met Chase at an Upright Citizens Brigade show. Chase has a reputation of being violent and extreme racism.